January 30, 2012

Sausage Orzo Skillet


Got this recipe from this blog that of course I pinned on Pinterest. :)

Sausage Orzo Skillet

1lb Sausage (You could probably use any kind of sausage you'd like)
14 1/2 oz beef broth (reduced sodium)
14 1/2 oz stewed tomatoes
1 box orzo pasta
ground black pepper
pinch of salt
Italian Seasoning
water

Cook your sausage with seasonings and drain once done. Add the sausage back in the skillet and also add in your beef broth and stewed tomatoes. Mix well and let it come to a boil on medium heat. Once it comes to a boil, add in your orzo pasta. Mix well adding in some more black pepper and Italian seasoning. Put a lid on your skillet and let the orzo pasta take in the juices. The recipe said 15 minutes, but I checked in about 10 minutes and everything was nice and fluffy. I didn't want anything sticking to the bottom of the skillet, so I added a little water and mixed well. I put the lid back on for a few more minutes and turned the heat down to low so nothing would burn and just to make sure the orzo was cooked through. My husband, loved this and so did I. It was another successful homemade meal!! :)

UPDATE: I made this again and I also added in 1 chopped green pepper and 1 half chopped red onion. Loved this dish even more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment