January 12, 2012

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

A while back I was watching day time TV. GASP....LOL Anyways, I caught an episode of 'The Chew". It's a cute show. The episode I saw had Eva Longoria (from Desperate Housewives) as the guest. She made Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. You can watch the clip here. I know Nate loves this cake so I pinned the recipe to Pinterest so I would have it when I needed it. :) I promised Nate, I would make it one day and that day was today. :)


You will need:
1/3 cup melted unsalted butter (room temp) (1/3 cup for pan and 1/3 cup for batter)
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
7 maraschino cherries
7 pineapple rings

Cake Batter:
1 1/2 cup Flour (Eva suggests Cake flour but I used all-purpose)
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup melted unsalted butter (room temp)
2/3 cup milk
tsp vanilla
1 egg

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Put your cake pan on the stove top. (fireproof pans only)

Melt your butter on low heat. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly, all around. Let melt together and mix around coating the pan evenly. (use 1/3 cup and set the other 1/3 cup aside)

Add your pineapple rings, and add a cherry to the middle.

Mix your cake batter together.....Mix dry ingredients well. Then add your wet ingredients. Once combined, mix in 1 egg.

Add batter to the pan, on top of the pineapples. :)

Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until your cake tester (or toothpick) comes out clean. Loosen in the pan by slightly tilting just a little bit.

After 3 minutes of cooling, flip onto a plate. If any fruit stuck to the pan (I had 2 pineapple rings stick) then just take a spatula and carefully put back in place. Let cool.

Serve with french vanilla ice cream. (Nate's suggestion)

Not much left. ahahahaha :) Nate really enjoyed it. Me? Well it's good, but I just don't think I'm a huge fan of this type of cake. I'd rather have chocolate. haha I think I would like pineapple chunks in the cake part itself as well as on top. Nate said that it is perfect that way it is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment