January 3, 2016

Homemade Peanut Butter Blossoms

I had a request to make peanut butter cookies the other day.  I decided to make peanut butter blossoms. I've only ever made peanut butter blossoms using those pre-mixed Betty Crocker bags.  I hadn't bought those mixes in years.  I don't buy pre-mixed stuff anymore.  It's so much better when you make something from scratch because it tastes better and you know exactly what's in it.

I found this recipe for homemade peanut butter blossoms.  I had everything on hand to make them except the Hershey kisses which I picked up from the store.

You will need:

1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar (divided)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used Natural pb)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
Hershey kisses

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray cookie sheets or line them.  In a bowl, cream together butter, 1/2 cup white sugar and the brown sugar until light and fluffy.



Beat in the peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract.


Mix in the baking soda and flour until a soft dough forms.

Roll rounded tbsp of the dough into balls and coat them in the remaining white sugar.

Place on cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes.  Let sit on cookie sheet for about a minute and then press a Hershey kiss into the center and move to a wire rack.

These came out pretty tasty.  :)

Yummy cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment