January 18, 2016

Triple Berry Baked Oatmeal

My husband and I have been trying to eat healthier since the end of 2015.  We've been doing really good with just 2 cheat days.  The scale has been doing down for both of us too so we must be doing something right.

I've been on pinterest looking for some easy, and healthy recipes.  I came across a recipe for 'Triple Berry Baked Oatmeal' and gave it a go.

You will need:

2 cups oatmeal (I used quick oats)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1/4 cup syrup (I used sugar free)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used my homemade extract)
2 cups berries (blueberries, raspberries and sliced up strawberries)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease a medium baking dish and set aside.  In a bowl, mix the oats, baking powder and salt until combined.  Add in the milk, vanilla, syrup and egg.  Then gently fold in the berries.  Pour into baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes.


Ready to go in the oven.

I cut a slice the next morning and heated it up in the microwave for breakfast.  I tried a piece and felt it needed a little more.

I added some sugar free syrup and some cinnamon.  That helped a lot.

It was a little bland for me so that's why I needed to add the sf syrup.  My husband liked it but it needed a drizzle of sf syrup and cinnamon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment