January 18, 2016

Easy Drop Biscuits

The other day, I made a pot of red chili for dinner.  It was the perfect dinner to end the weekend with and it needed something to go with it.

My husband and I love bread.  Probably one of our biggest downfalls is bread.  Why is it so good?  I can go without it but sometimes certain meals you just need a delicious bread to go along with it.

A while back I remember pinning a recipe for 'Easy Drop Biscuits'.  So, I found it and made them.  I had the biscuits just about ready to go in the oven when my husband came into the kitchen for a  drink and saw them.  His eyes got real big and he said "those look great" and I said "we will see how they turn out, they are from scratch".

To make:

2 cups flour (spooned and leveled)
1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk (unsweetened almond milk)
1 tbsp melted butter (optional)
garlic salt (optional)

Heat the oven to 400 degrees.  In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder with a fork until combined.  Add the COLD cut butter and mix it in with a dough/pastry blender until pea sized clumps form.  Add in milk and mix real good.  It will be sticky like.

Drop large mounds onto the baking sheet and bake until golden brown.  About 18-20 minutes.  When I took them out of the oven I brushed a tiny bit of melted butter on top and sprinkled on some garlic salt.  This recipe made 6 big biscuits.  We had some for the next night to go with dinner too.  Next time, I make them I might make them a little smaller just for my own preference.  



They came out terrific and they were just the correct pairing to go with the chili.  My husband loved them.  He said "anytime you want to make these, please feel free".  

I plan to make them this weekend to go with spaghetti.  My husband doesn't know that I'm planning his favorite meal this weekend unless he reads this post.  hahahaha  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment