November 24, 2015

Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I came across a recipe for 'Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies' from Quaker Oats.  The recipe is in the lid of the canister.  It seemed simple and I had all the ingredients so I decided to make them.  I figured I'd give some to my dad since I know he likes oatmeal raisin cookies.  He recently changed the oil and filter on both my vehicles so I wanted to give him a thank you gift.




Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick unsalted), plus 6 tbsp, softened
3/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
3 cups quick oats
1 cup raisins


To make:

Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.


These cookies were amazing.  They are def one of my top 5 favorites.  :)

I might make these one day with craisins instead of raisins and see how those turn out.  I think they will be just as delicious.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment