February 9, 2012

Spicy Chicken and Pepper Jack Pizza


I made a pizza last night that was inspired from this blog.

What I used:

chicken breasts (cooked, and cut up)
minced garlic
olive oil
red pepper (chopped)
green pepper (chopped)
red onion (half, chopped)
black pepper
pico de gallo (tomatoes, cilantro)
Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese (I used about 1/2 of one bag of Sargento)
1 pizza crust (homemade or pillsbury)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

I put 2 chicken breasts in my awesome pampered chef baker and cooked them for 9 minutes.

I then heated up my pan with some olive oil and minced garlic. I threw in my half chopped red onions and cooked them for about 2 minutes. Then I added chopped red pepper and chopped green pepper and cooked them for about 5 minutes.

I Cut up the chicken breasts and added it to the onions and peppers. I also added pico de gallo and black pepper and mixed together.

I then pam sprayed a baking sheet and put my pizza dough on the pan. I baked it for 8 minutes and then took it out and added the chicken mix and shredded cheese on top and continued baking for about 10 more minutes until it was golden brown.

Nate really loved this and it's a healthy pizza. :) It was soooo good. I might be making it again next week b/c it's so quick and easy. And best of all.....it's homemade and not delivery. :)

2 comments: