February 1, 2012

Roasted Potatoes, Chicken Sausage and Peppers



For dinner tonight, I made Roasted Potatoes, Chicken Sausage and Peppers which was inspired from this blog.

1 package of Chicken Sausage (I had 4 in the pkg)
1 Red bell Pepper (diced)
Half a large onion (diced)
Olive Oil
black pepper
little salt
parsley flakes
red pepper flakes
minced garlic
3 to 4 potatoes (I used russet, and left skin on)

First I preheated oven to 350 degrees. I washed my potatoes and diced them up real small. I added them to a cookie sheet that I put olive oil on. I also sprinkled some pepper, salt, parsley, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes and a little olive oil on top. I did the potatoes first, b/c they would take the longest to cook.

I then added some olive oil and minced garlic to my big skillet and heated up the pan. Once it was hot, I added the onion and red pepper. I let it cook for about 2 minutes. I zapped the chicken sausage in the microwave for 1:20 to heat it. Then I cut it up real small and added to the onion and red pepper. I also added in some parsley flakes, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper and let everything cook together.

I then checked the potatoes, and they were soft. So, I added the chicken sausage mix to the pan. I mixed everything together and put back in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.

It tastes so good. All the flavors are wonderful together and the house smells great too. Nate came in from work and said "wow, that smells great". :)

Again....another great pinterest idea. I love that site!! So many wonderful recipes and ideas. If you're not on it you're missing out. Go check it out! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'll be there in an hour! Looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks....it was awesome! :) I doubt there will be any left once Nate gets into it. LOL

    ReplyDelete