February 3, 2012

Dijon Chicken Club Sandwiches

For dinner tonight, I made Dijon Chicken Club Sandwiches. Pinned from Pinterest of course from this blog. My picture isn't the best, but I was starving and took the picture rather quickly so I could eat. haha My husband bit into his sandwich and said "You kicked that in the ass with the flavors". LOL :)

When I looked over the marinade recipe on the blog the only things I didn't have was apple cider vinegar, thyme, and paprika. So, I left them out. I added some other ingredients to it (see below). I made the dijon marinade yesterday so that the chicken would absorb all the wonderful flavors overnight.
Dijon Marinade

1/3 cup dijon mustard
2 tbs honey
1 tbs lemon juice
black pepper
red pepper flakes
bbq sauce (couple little squirts)
parsley flakes
onion powder
minced garlic

I whisked everything in a small bowl. I'll admit, I tasted the marinade and I thought it had a kick to it. I was a little worried but figured it would be okay. I poured the marinade in the bag of raw chicken breasts. I massaged the chicken in the marinade for a few minutes, and then put in the fridge.
This afternoon, on the way home from work (I worked for my boss today) I picked up the sliced cheese, wheat bread and I got a little bottle of apple cider vinegar.
As soon as I was ready to make dinner, I pulled the chicken bag out and added 2 tbs cider vinegar and massaged everything together. I dumped the chicken breasts and the marinade in my pampered chef baker and baked them. (It's about 4 min. per each chicken breasts in the microwave in your baker)

While the chicken was baking in the microwave, I put some bacon slices on a foiled cookie sheet and baked it up in the oven. I then took my wheat bread and put some butter on one side (top and bottom) so it was ready for the pan. When the chicken was done, I cut each piece in half, lengthwise. Yes, I tried a little piece of chicken at this point just to make sure the flavors were good. :) I also cut each slice of bacon in half.

When the pan was hot and ready, (that's what she said) I added a buttered side of bread to the pan. Then a layer of mozzarella cheese, bacon, slice of chicken bottom, cheese slice, slice of chicken top, bacon, cheese slice and top of bread. ;)

I served with some UTZ reduced fat rippled potato chips. (my favorite)

This will have to go into dinner rotations because I will be making this AGAIN! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment