February 9, 2012

Chicken Fried Rice

I know I've made Chicken Fried Rice before but I couldn't find the blog so I thought maybe I never blogged about it before. :)

Eggs (scrambled)
Rice (I used 90 second whole grain brown rice)
green pepper (chopped)
red pepper (chopped)
red onion (half, and chopped)
Chicken breasts (I cooked up 2 in my baker, and cut them up)
low sodium soy sauce
black pepper
w sauce (worchestire sauce)
minced garlic
olive oil
ground ginger
parsley flakes
crushed red pepper flakes

I added the raw chicken breasts to the baker and cooked them in the microwave for 9 minutes. :) (If you don't have a baker from pampered chef I highly recommend investing in one....I don't know how I've ever lived without it). While the chicken was cooking, I heated up my pan with olive oil and a little minced garlic. I then added the red onion and cooked it for 2 minutes. Then I added the red and green peppers and let them cook together for 5 minutes with a little ginger, parsley flakes, crushed red pepper flakes, black pepper, w and soy sauce. I then set aside and cooked up some scrambled eggs. I set the eggs aside when they were done. Once the chicken was done and cooled for a 1 min. and I cut them up. While I was cutting up the chicken I cooked the rice. I then added the chicken, scrambled eggs, and rice to the onions and peppers and cooked together for about 3 minutes. It's easy and delish and you can add whatever you want to yours and make it your own. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment