February 14, 2012

Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies

Happy Valentine's Day to you! <3 For a treat today I made Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies. I got the recipe from this blog. Since I'm trying to lose weight I only kept 2 cookies for myself and 2 for Nate for a surprise after dinner tonight. The rest of the cookies I took to work today and they were all gobbled up. :)

To make:

1 box of red velvet cake mix (I used Duncan Hines like the original poster)
2 tbsp flour
2 large eggs
1/2 cup oil (I used vegetable but you can use canola)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Powdered sugar (in a small bowl for rolling the cookies)
Heart shaped cookie cutter (Optional....mine was too big so I skipped the cutter)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with pam spray. (If you don't want to use spray you could use parchment paper). In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and flour with a fork until clumps are gone. Mix in your eggs, oil and vanilla with your stand or hand mixer. The mixture will seem dry but keep mixing until everything is combined. Take about a tbsp of dough and roll into a ball, then roll into the powdered sugar and then place the ball cookie onto your cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean. The cookies will crack (crinkle) and the edges will set. Let the cookies cool for about 2 minutes. If you're using a cookie cutter to make shapes then go ahead and use it. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool completely. Store them in an air tight container.


They are so good and simple to make! :)


Yummy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment