October 2, 2011

Fun weekend with the BFF's

Saturday morning, I went to the Healing hearts memory walk. It's where you walk to remember your angel babies. For those who don't know, I've loss 3 babies. I will treasure and remember them always. So, the day started off SAD but I did have Sharon and Joe with me. (They had a loss a few years ago that they came to remember).

Now onto the fun times....................Nate and I went to Richmond to Kristen and Dave's house. Then we headed downtown to the Capital Ale House for their Oktoberfest. Nate went a few weeks ago to the one in our town with co-workers. He thought it would be fun to go to this one too so that's what we did. I was the DD b/c I don't drink.


Here's Nate holding his stein full of beer. This was his first one of the evening. He ended up drinking 4 of these and got soooo drunk. I'll spare the drunk photos b/c there are already enough of those on facebook. LOL


For dinner we got a wienerwurst and chips. It was GOOD!!!! :) Dave had to be different and got a Turkey leg and then later he got a big ol' pretzel that we all shared.

Dancers.......


Sunday morning, we got up at 10-amish and then headed off to the Brick house diner. I love this place. Kristen first introduced me to this place years ago and I've been back plenty times since. I love the Brick house big boy waffle combo. It's a Belgium waffle served with two eggs, bacon, and grits. MMMMMMMMM After breakfast, we went to Cary Town to walk around.


First stop was Penzeys Spices. Soooooooooooooooooo cute. I've heard Kristen, Dave and Ashley talk about this place plenty of times but today was the first day I've stepped inside.


The window display had cute burlap bags and crates n such. Loved it! :)

And inside the store...........

The walls are brick! How awesome!!!


They have every spice imaginable. I'm sure if you couldn't find something I bet this place could get it for you.

You can even buy jars to make your own spices or use for whatever.


Then we walked down to Plan 9. They sell a ton of used and new CD's, and vinyls. The also have a basement full of records but for some reason it was closed off today. :( Nate found a Jimi Hendrix vinyl for $8.00 so that was his big purchase today. Kristen got some Nirvana CD's.


Love this reel to reel/tape deck. haha (radio geeks know what I'm talking about)
We walked around some other stores and then decided to head on out. As soon as we got in the car, Kristen tore open her CD and put Nirvana's "Rape Me" in the CD player and cranked the stereo. LOL I hadn't bought anything and told Kristen I wanted a pumpkin so she said "I know just the place" and off we went.

We got to West End plants and Produce.

They had a ton of pumpkins (all kinds), gourds, plants, and various veggies. They also had a lot of decorations scattered about. :) It was the perfect place to get a pumpkin.


Warty pumpkin.

Nate liked this redish/orange pumpkin. It was $30 so I told him no. LOL I'm not spending $30 on a pumpkin. It was awesome but not $30 awesome. haha


Cute little pumpkins! Love them!!!




Fun weekend with our awesome friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment