October 8, 2011

Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts

The other day, I saw a pin on Pinterest for Baked Pumpkin Spice Donut holes. Immediately, I knew I was going to make them and I figured I could also make big donuts using my donut pan I got from my sister, Ashley for my birthday. :)


Here's all the ingredients you need.....plus and egg. (not pictured)

And let me just rant for 1 minute. The recipe called for Ground Cloves. I didn't have any. So, I went to the grocery store to get a few things and to pick up cloves. This little container cost me $9.49. OUCH!!!! I checked the Hispanic section and they had little packets of whole cloves for .55 cents. But I figured with the fall coming up I might need ground cloves so I went ahead and spent the big bucks on it. I will def be using every little bit of these cloves. Anyone know why they are so expensive?

Whisk together your dry ingredients.


In a separate bowl mix your wet ingredients.


Pam spray your baking pans. I used my donut pan and my mini muffin/cupcake pan.


Once they are done baking, and have cooled enough for you to handle (about 2 min) dip them into some melted butter and then coat with your cinnamon and sugar mix.

Final Result:

I accidentally added a stick of melted butter to my wet ingredients. Not sure if this messed up the recipe or not. I did not like the donuts. They were way to sweet for me. I just was not a fan. My brother LOVED them and I lost count on how many he ate. (I think he ended up eating about 20 donut holes and he probably won't even gain a pound). The full size donuts I took to the radio station. Several people tried them and some came back for seconds. I got a lot of compliments. I guess you don't always have to like what you make. What makes me happy is someone else enjoying what I cook or bake so that's all that matters. :D

Again the recipe is here. :)


1 comment:

  1. ground cloves are so expensive because of where they are harvested, it can also depend on weather and demand. it's ridiculous that it cost $9 for that little container! if you ever need more i can get some for you at penzey's for cheap.

    ReplyDelete