October 23, 2011

Harley's Bath Time

Every year, Harley gets itchy and scabby from an allergic reaction to something. I take him to the vet and he gets a steroid shot and then he's good to go for at least a year.

I decided to give him a bath today to get rid of the dander and loose scabs. While I was getting the tub ready he waited at the door.


Here he is waiting at the door:


Once I had enough water in the tub I slowly put him in and then started soaking him. He was pretty good with it. He cried a bit but he mainly just sat there while I scrubbed him and poured water on him. :) (his breed is a turkish van and they are supposed to enjoy water....he didn't go swimming around like the ones on the internet but did sit in it. LOL)

After his bath I wrapped him up real good and dried him off. Now he's all fluffy. :)

As soon as I let him out of the towel bundle he ran under our bedside table and started cleaning.

He finally came downstairs and was cleaning again at one of his favorite places to sit.

2 comments:

  1. clean kitty! sounds like he hated it less than when dave does it - you must be gentle :)

    no soap was probably a good idea if he has scabs or raw spots - poor thing :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL He wasn't bad. When I took the picture of him in the tub he was just standing there looking at me like why are you doing this to me. I was surprised he didn't jump out. LOL

    Yeah I decided not to use soap this time. I'm gonna give him another bath in a week or so just to give him another cleaning. I'll probably use soap for that one now that I know he's not that bad.

    ReplyDelete