October 22, 2011

Redneck Casserole

The other day Nate had a bonfire with co-workers at a local farm. He brought hot dogs but ended up not using any of them b/c someone else brought some too. (OOPS) Anyways, what to do with all the extra hot dogs? Yes, you could freeze them. I didn't want to do that. I thought about doing a Hot dog casserole.

I made hot dogs (I made 1 package) and then I made homemade mac and cheese. Mix them together and you get hot dog casserole. Nate renamed this dish to 'Redneck Casserole'. LOL

It turned out pretty good. Who doesn't like homemade mac n cheese and hot dogs? Of course, while eating this I felt like I should have been cuddled up on the couch watching Roseanne reruns. (love that show) LOL :)


1 package hot dogs (cooked and cut up)
1 box elbow macaroni noodles
1 block of velveeta cheese
shredded cheese
black pepper
w sauce
bread crumbs (optional.....I don't add bread crumbs b/c Nate doesn't care for them)

Once the noodles are cooked and drained you can then add in your melted cheese. (to melt the cheese I cut the block up into cubes and just microwave for 30 second intervals until melted) While mixing the the cheese into the noodles add in some shredded cheese, w sauce and black pepper. Once mixed, add cut up hot dogs. Pour into a pam sprayed 13x9 dish. Cover with some more shredded cheese and or bread crumbs. Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. redneck or not, this looks awesome! never added the hot dogs to the homemade mac n cheese, only the boxed kind (it's my go-to friday night meal)...

    only thing this is missing is the peas ;) haha - that might just be an anderl thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Yeah peas are a Kristen thing. LOL

    ReplyDelete