December 9, 2015

Homemade Pumpkin Roll

My older sister requested one of my homemade pumpkin rolls.  I made 2.  One for her and one that I cut in half.  Half for my parents and half for Nate and I.

Mix everything....


Pour onto baking sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes on 350 degrees.  Let cool for 1 min in pan and then flip onto some wax paper to cool more.

Mix filling.

Spread evenly on cooled pumpkin roll and roll up.  Dust with powdered sugar.

Looks good right?

For my pumpkin roll:

1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Filling:
1 cup confectioners sugar
8 oz cream cheese (soft)
2 tbs unsalted butter (soft)
3/4 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix your pumpkin mix ingredients. Pour into a greased baking pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for a few min and then flip onto parchment paper. Mix your filling until smooth and spread onto cool pumpkin. Roll slowly and then sprinkle confectioners sugar on top. Wrap tightly and put in freezer. Can keep in freezer for about a week but you won't have it that long. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment