December 25, 2015

Avocado Banana Muffins

Another way to use up some ripe avocados is to make some muffins.  I found this awesome recipe on pinterest. 


You will need:

1 ripe avocado
1 large ripe banana
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease a muffin tin with non-stick spray.  Mash your banana and avocado and add to a bowl.  Mix in the eggs, milk and vanilla extract.  Add the sugar, baking soda, salt and flour and mix.  Do not over mix.

Fold in the chocolate chips if you're using them.

Fill your muffin tins half full.  I was able to get a full tray of mini muffins and 5 regular size muffins.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes.






My husband and I enjoyed these.  I kept them in tupperware and we grabbed one or two as we were heading out or as a quick snack during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment