April 21, 2013

Indoor Garden update: Day 48

My indoor garden is still doing very well.  

I've added 2 more cooking onions.  Found them to be growing in the pantry so I put them in a bowl with water and set them with the other plants yesterday.

Here's a picture of the indoor garden right now.

My 3 potato plants are still growing.  Day 48

My marigolds- Day 16.

Zucchini's growing.  I have 2 spouts.  Today is day 8.

Squash with 1 sprout also on day 8.

Big Boy Tomatoes.  Day 16.  Each has has spouts except for 1.

Carrots- Day 15

Rose bush- Recovery day 21.  Remember what it looked like 21 days ago?

Avocado pit....splitting.  Day 8.  :)

Onion- Day 8.

Some bad news.  My celery stalk.......shriveled up.  I will be starting this over.  Celery is 80% water so maybe it wasn't getting enough???  I think I will leave the new one in water a lot longer before I put it in soil.  I bought a celery stalk at the store yesterday so once I cut it I will put in it water.  :)  When I put the rotted celery stalk in my compost pile I noticed that I had a drainage plate in the bottom of the pot by accident.  I looked all over the shed for the bottom piece for another pot and I couldn't find it.  LOL  Maybe the plant didn't drain right with that extra piece in the bottom?  I don't know, but I will start this one over soon.

Dollar store finds....I picked up these 2 small baskets yesterday.  Once I decide to put some plants out on my deck I am going to use the white one for my potato plants.  I'm not sure what I'll use the green one for but I like it.  :)  

Another $1.00 store find.  2 canvas squared baskets for $1.00.  They are really cute!  There was other sizes and colors too.  They remind me of Strawberry pint baskets.  I figured I could put my tomatoes in there once they fruit and ripen.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment