April 13, 2013

Indoor Garden Update: Day 40

My Indoor Container Garden is doing really well.  Everything is still growing.  I did some re-potting today and rearranged the containers.

Here is a picture of the new arranged look.......

I'm happy to report that my Marigolds have begun sprouting.  It's such a delight to see something you planted from seed, go to sprout.  Today is day 7 of growth.

Here is the tiny rose plant that I'm bringing back to life.  It has some new leaf growth and some buds ready to bloom.

My grape tomatoes- Day 40.

I figured it was time to 'crack' the eggs shells and try to separate the little tomato plants.

I bought these window boxes from target today while I was out running errands.  I love these boxes.  They fit perfectly in the window sill.  The tomatoes look a little stressed after I dug them up, cracked the shells and replanted.  Hopefully, they will be okay.  I gave them water as soon as I put them in the windows and they have already sprung back up.

Here's the potato plants in the middle.  My other pot of grape tomatoes sit in the red pot.  I also replanted them in a window box.
                                      

I replanted the potato plants in my big red pot after I took out and replanted the grape tomatoes.

Potato plants are very flimsy.  I tried my best to be careful but one of the plants snapped on me.  :(

I figured I would go ahead and start a few squash and zucchini seeds.  Why not right?
                                     

Here they are planted.

When I started rearranging the garden, I pulled out some old re-writable markers I had and wrote on them so I could label the pots.  I didn't want to forget what was in what pot.  I want to DIY some cuter ones.  I've found lots of cute ideas on Pinterest.  Now I've just got to make some time and get my artistic juices flowing.

Here's my carrots.  Day 7.  So far, no sprouting at least from what I can tell.  

Here's my grape tomatoes in the window box with a marker.

It's a beautiful day outside.  70's with a nice little breeze.  I walked around the backyard and saw these pretty blooms on one of the trees.
                                      

I also checked the bluebird houses.  I have two in the backyard on my fence, each directly across from one another.  I checked both boxes last weekend and there wasn't any eggs.  Today, lo and behold there's FIVE bluebird eggs in one of the boxes while the other one sits with just a nest.  I was extremely happy to see the eggs.  :)

Oh......right now my living room smells like the Lowe's Garden Center.  hahahahahaha  :)  MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........Fresh DIRT!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment