April 21, 2013

Chicken and Potatoes with Peaches and BBQ Sauce

The other day for dinner I had a Healthy Choice Top Chef meal.  It was Chicken and Potatoes with Peach BBQ Sauce.  I thought it sounded weird but it looked like it would be good and I thought I would give it a try.  I loved it and I decided I would make this dish myself.  I made it for dinner last night and it was a hit!

I didn't use a recipe.  I just remembered what was in the frozen meal and got that stuff.

You will need:

2 chicken breasts
baby red potatoes
green beans
cooking onion
minced garlic
salt
pepper
bbq sauce (I just used plain store brand)
green or red pepper
can of sliced peaches in light syrup
bacon bits

I cooked my chicken breasts in my Pampered Chef baker for 9:45 in the microwave.  (I added a few chopped pieces of peaches, peach syrup and bbq sauce on top of the raw chicken breast before cooking).

While the chicken was cooking, I washed my baby red potatoes and cut them in halves and put them in a pot and boiled them on the stove until they were fork tender.

While the chicken and potatoes were cooking, I chopped my onion and green pepper.  The healthy choice meal had a red pepper but at the store the red peppers were $2.50 each and the green pepper was .69 cents.  I went with the green pepper to save money.  :)  I also chopped up my peaches into little pieces and set them aside.  

Once the chicken was done I cut it up into bite size pieces.  I steamed my green beans in the microwave while I was cutting up the chicken.  When the green beans were done (4 1/2 minutes) I let them cool for 1 min and then cut them in half so they weren't so long.

When I was ready to put it all together..... 

I pam sprayed my skillet.  I added the chicken juices from the baker to my skillet with some minced garlic and heated up the pan.  I then added the chopped onions, and cooked for about 1 minute.  I then added the green pepper and cooked that together for another minute.  I added the peaches and peach syrup and let it cook up together.  I sprinkled in some real bacon bits, salt and pepper.  After about 5 minutes I added the potatoes and green beans and then the chicken pieces.  I added bbq sauce and more peach syrup.  Let simmer together for about 5 to 10 minutes.  Serve hot!  

The peaches compliment the BBQ sauce.  It's a quick and easy dinner with lots of fresh produce.  :)






2 comments:

  1. how much savings did it make

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer. It was just 2 servings. Enough for my husband and I. Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete