December 10, 2011

Kit Kat Cake

This year for the birthday celebration for Nate, Kristen and Dave I made a Kit Kat Cake. Doesn't that just sound lovely?? Lovely it is and it's so easy and cute it will def be a hit at any party. I got the idea from Pinterest which is from this blog.

Kristen doesn't like chocolate cake and chocolate icing. I asked her what cake flavor she wanted and she said Funfetti. I made the Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix. I used a circular pan and baked the cake. Once cake is cool stack them and then ice them. I used vanilla icing. Detach Kit Kat bars leaving 2 together. Immediately, put around cake pressing into the icing. Sprinkle with M&M's then tie some ribbon around the Kit Kat bars. It's extra support and it looks cute. :) I got a ribbon with polka dots to kinda go with the M&M's and the Funfetti inside. :)





YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I will be making this again. You can totally have fun with it. Use certain M&M's for a theme. Pink or blue for a baby shower with a pink or blue ribbon, valentine mix with a cute heart ribbon, Christmas mix with red and green ribbon, you get the point.....you can use any holiday. Be creative!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment