December 24, 2011

Christmas Kit Kat Cake


Yep......Christmas Kit Kat Cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How cute does this look?? :) You might remember this post. We're going to my husbands parents tomorrow to celebrate Christmas and I figured I would bring this cake. I used a Pillsbury white cake mix, mixed in some red and green sprinkles and baked 2 small round cakes. Once baked and cooled, I stacked them and iced them with Pillsbury vanilla tub frosting. Then I added the kit kat bars, pressing them into the icing. I then added some Red and Green M&M's (Holiday package). And then I tied the cake with a festive Christmas bow. :) I can't wait to cut it tomorrow and see the pretty reds and greens inside. :)

I've also seen comments about people wondering how to cut the cake. It's not hard at all. I cut slices from the 2 pieces of kit kat or 4 pieces. It all just depends how much you want. It's pretty sturdy, nothing really falls b/c the M&M's and kit kat are sturdy in the icing. :) (see cut cake here).

Merry Christmas!! I hope you have a safe, happy and healthy holiday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment