December 17, 2011

Semi-Homemade Mini Cinnamon Rolls


This morning, I got up and put Chicken Soup in the crock pot and then made some mini cinnamon rolls before I headed off for work.

I found this on Pinterest from this blog. I'm so obsessed with pinning things. There are so many great ideas on there.


These are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo simple to make and they taste sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Yep had to add all those o's! :)


To make:

1 8oz tube crescent roll dough
2 tbs butter (melted)
cinnamon
brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Layout 4 of the triangles and pinch the seams together, flip over and do the other side too. Use a rolling pin (I used my hand) and roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Brush with butter. Sprinkle cinnamon and then add brown sugar. Flatten into the dough with your fingers. Roll up into a log. Using a sharp knife slice the little rolls and then add to your pam sprayed mini muffin pan. Repeat steps till dough is all used. I filled up all 24 cups. Bake about 10 to 12 min. While rolls are baking you can whip up the icing.

1 tsp syrup
1 tbsp skim milk
3/4 cup powdered sugar

Just whisk all three ingredients together until it gets all combined.

Once you pull the rolls out of the oven go ahead and drizzle the icing on top of them. Serve immediately.



My brother has requested these for his birthday. :) I took a few to work and gave them out to co-workers. They loved them. One of the guys said "I didn't know pillsbury made mini cinnamon rolls" and I said "they don't, I made these by hand". LOL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment