December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

I hope you had a great Christmas! On Saturday, I went to my parents (who live like 15 min from me) and dropped off presents to my nephews and I socialized with everyone for a bit. Saturday night, Nate and I gave each other a gift. I got him a new snippers/trimmers kit. And he got us new 600 thread count sheets for our bed. Oh and a new shower head for our master bathroom. :)

On Christmas day we went to Richmond (about an hour away) to Nate's parents house. His brother, Dan and wife Candice joined us. We had a lots of food and of course a nice time.

Table setting! :)


This was a dish that Linda (MIL) got off of the website All recipes. It was broccoli, red peppers and cheese with croutons on top. It was delicious!!! When you cut into it, it was all Christmas looking with the red and green. Linda said she added the red pepper just for that reason. But the peppers really did make this dish good.

Another recipe from the same site. This is a pork loin with a herb topping. It's pretty good. Linda thought it came out dry but we all liked it. We ate it with homemade cranberry sauce that I made. :)

We don't do gifts.......I stopped that years ago. It's just not in our budget to get Christmas gifts for everyone so we like to have a big dinner. My MIL and FIL got us all a gift. Nate and his brother got a big box of 5 hour energy drinks and my SIL and myself got a HUGE and I mean HUGE box of chocolates. I didn't even know they were this big......

I took a picture of it next to a regular Monopoly game to compare. hahahahaha :)

I opened it up and it's just HEAVEN!!! LOL I love Chocolate and this will last a while. There's 52 pieces in there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment