June 25, 2011

The Big Basement Clean up 2011

When Nate is looking for something he moves things all around and makes a mess. A big mess. I was free this weekend for the first time in a long time and decided to tackle the basement. The first thing I did was pick up loose items and then I did some filing. I hadn't filed since March. I also filled up a whole trash bag full of old papers that I didn't need to keep anymore. Then I took a break. But I finally went back down and finished up. :)

BEFORE:

AFTER:
Look....you can see the carpet. YEY! :)


The containers were put in the storage closet. I had Billy help me with this. I can't lift those containers by myself.

OFFICE AREA
BEFORE:


AFTER:
Obviously, the office area still has a lot of work that needs to be done. The good thing was that I got a lot of things up off the floor. I also sold 3 computer monitors on Craigslist so those are gone.

THE DESK:
The desk is full of stuff. Mostly some computer towers with no hard drives, a monitor, pictures, some CDs and a broken printer. I need Nate to tell me what is trash, donate or sell.

OTHER END:
CLEAN :) We're thinking of setting up a work out area over by the DVD's. I have a medicine ball, a big workout ball, and yoga mat. Nate has a jump rope, and he wants to get a punching bag. So, I think that side will be a gym area. I'll bring a radio down so I have something to listen to when I'm doing crunches. :)

PROJECT:
I got these carts a while back. I got the idea from Nate's brother Dan. Dan put cords in the drawers and labeled them. I thought it was genius so I need to C-O-P-Y. :)
I found the container we have that's full of cords and stuck it next to the carts. I need Nate to tell me what's what so I can put the cords in their designated drawers and label them. Maybe that's something I can do tomorrow? :)

These containers are lined up along the wall. Most of these items are things I have listed on Craigslist. In the blue container are misc things that I'm unsure what to do with.

Here are some more containers. Again some of these items are listed on Craigslist and waiting to be sold. I also have some milk bottles and blue glass in the purple container that I'm trying to decide what to do with. I might pull out my favorites and then Clist the rest. We'll see.


I feel good about what I accomplished. It will be nice to get the office finished so it can be used as an office. Nate can use the big desk for his photo projects and his Body by Vi stuff. Tomorrow Nate is planning on cleaning the carpets with our carpet cleaner. They def need to be cleaned so I hope Nate can do that tomorrow while I work on the cart project for the cords. :)

4 comments:

  1. WOW! looks so much better! good luck with the craigslisting so it'll be even more open! so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a very knowledgeable article. Liked it very much!! Many Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete