June 1, 2011

7 layer dip

At my cousin Lora's 30th Surprise party we had 7 layer dip. It was so good. Everyone loved it and I got the recipe so I could make it. I made it today. :)

You need:
1 can refried beans (with green chiles)
2 avocados mashed (or 1 pkg already made guacamole that you can find in the deli section)
1 8 oz sour cream
1 pkg taco seasoning (you can mix or sprinkle on top)
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup chopped green onion
1 bag shredded cheese
1 small can of sliced black olives
serving platter with lid
tortilla/corn chips

When I made my dip I went ahead and doubled everything except the olives.

Spread the refried beans evenly on the bottom of your serving platter. Spread all the way to the edges.

Spread avocado/guacamole on top of refried beans.

In a bowl mix your sour cream and taco seasoning.

It will turn a light orange color.

Spread mixture evenly on top of avocado/guacamole.

Chop up your green onions and tomatoes.

Spread your tomatoes around on top of sour cream mix.

Spread green onions on top of tomatoes.

Spread cheese evenly on top of tomatoes and green onions.

Spread sliced black olives around on top of cheese. I thought this looked a little boring so at this point I wanted to make it cuter like the one I ate at the party.

I added a dollop of sour cream in the middle and then spread some more tomatoes and green onions around.

Cute! :) Cover with lid and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Serve with tortilla/corn chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment