May 22, 2011

Strawberry Class down on the farm

Back in the fall I took a pumpkin class with some friends at Miller Farms in Orange, VA. This weekend, I took a Strawberry class with my girls. (Kristen, Sharon, Melissa, Crystal, Ashley and her friend Anna). We got to the farm a little early so while we waited for Jo (our instructor and owner of farm) we walked around the shop.

Cute sign hanging up outside at the shop.

Lots of STRAWBERRIES! $5 a quart.....and these strawberries taste so much better than grocery store.

Berries and sugar snap peas.

Asparagus!! :)

Lemons, Limes and garlic.

Cute sign! :)

I went into the greenhouse and saw these cute flowers.

More flowers.

Miller Farms is selling spices and such now. Great idea!

Finally at 10am we were able to go into the farmhouse for our class in the kitchen!

We each had a place setting. Cute! :)

Jo and Bernie (Jo's assistant) first made a big pitcher of water with sliced lemons, limes, fresh mint and some frozen strawberries.

How refreshing? :) I love the big jar concept.

French cream

Cheescake MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

So delicious!! :) We also learned how to make a pork loin and fresh french bread and made some sammiches. Everything was so good. We learned a trick with a straw. (poke straw thru middle of berry out other side and the cap of the berry pops off) The class was very informative. We all got a 10% off coupon for anything in the shop. I think everyone got berries. I bought some blueberries, strawberries and Miller Farm tote bag. I can't wait to make some goodies. I already have some great ideas planned. :) I can't wait to take some more classes. Jo is such a great teacher and she's just so nice. :)


2 comments:

  1. it was fun. me and anna had a blast:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you both enjoyed it! I'll let you know about the pie class date. :D

    ReplyDelete