May 26, 2011

Farmhouse French Toast

Yesterday, I made some Farmhouse French Bread. You can find the recipe here. Yes, you really can have fresh, homemade bread in an hour. Today, I decided to use some of the leftover bread and make some French Toast. :)

4 eggs
2/3 cup fat free milk
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp orange zest
1 tsp vanilla

In a medium bowl whisk together all of your ingredients. Cut a few slices of bread. I cut mine pretty thick. (think Texas Toast) Put the slices into your mix and let them soak. Be sure to flip to coat each side. Let them soak up the mixture while your pan heats up. :)

In a skillet, on medium heat melt some butter, olive oil or veg oil. I used a tbs of butter. Cook each slice of bread until brown. About 5 min or so.

Pour on Maple Syrup or regular syrup and sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.

Trust me...........................You will love it! :)

2 comments: