May 22, 2011

The Battles of Spotsylvania 2011 Civil War Reenactment

I worked a remote at a local reenactment this morning. Kristen and Dave met me after my remote was over. We went into the museum to cool off a bit. Inside the museum Dave ended up winning a sticker for guessing something right in the treasure chest of bullets. Yey Dave! :) Then we went over to the Hawaiian Ice stand where I got a grape ice and Kristen and Dave got waters! MMMMMMM (to the grape ice..water is boring...haha)


Dave took some pics of the band that was playing. I took a picture of this dress. I love the time period dresses but I couldn't imagine myself wearing a dress like this in 90+ degrees. Whew! LOL Once we were ready we took a hay ride over to the battleground.

The cannons were LOUD when they went off.

Soldiers posing for pics.

Preparing for battle....(there was about 800 reenactors)

The blue and gray battling it out. I can check this off my life list. :) It was a great event and I'm glad we saw it. Oh yeah, silly me needs to remember just b/c it's a little cloudy I still need to wear sunscreen. I even had the sunscreen (100 SPF...yes they do make 100 SPF for ppl like me who burns so easily) in my bag. I got burnt pretty bad. :( Luckily, it looks worse than it feels.

After the reenactment we surprised Sharon for her Choir Concert that was at a church downtown. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment