May 26, 2011

Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Farmhouse French Bread

Another thing we learned at the strawberry class was how to make a marinade for pork loin using fresh herbs. It was delicious and we all said we would def make it. Kristen made hers yesterday on the grill and she said it was great. YEY! I made it today.....I made the marinade yesterday so the pork loins would marinate overnight. You can marinate 2 to 6 hours, of course the longer you marinate the more flavor you will get.

You will need:

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt
Red pepper flakes
Black pepper
minced garlic
Parsley

*You can also add other herbs like thyme, marjoram and sage but I didn't have those so I left them out and instead added red pepper flakes, black pepper and parsley.

Whisk all these ingredients in a bowl.

Take out your pork loins out and place on a cutting board. With a meat fork poke holes all around the pork loin. This will let the marinade seep into your meat. Great trick! Then put the loins in a large ziploc bag and then pour the marinade onto them. Be sure to massage the meat and marinades so the marinade gets in all in the meat. :)

I stored my bag in a tupperware container so if the bag dripped it didn't make a mess in the fridge.

*Once you're ready to cook your pork loins, remove them from the marinade and place them on a rack on a cookie sheet. Bake @ 350 degrees for 40 min or until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees.

*Another way to cook them (and I've done this several times) you can put the marinated pork loins in a deep baking dish, cover with the marinade, and some water. Cover with foil. Bake on 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until the meat registers 160 degrees.

*Or if you want to do this in the crock pot. Just put the pork loins in the crock pot, cover with the marinade and add some water. I would cook on low for about 5 to 6 hours. I'm sure it will turn out nice and tender.

About an hour later my pork loins were done. They look good and juicy. Can't wait to make a sammich. :)

I also made some more Farmhouse French Bread today so we can make some pork sammiches. :) You can eat the pork and bread plain or add a spicy mustard or bbq sauce. Enjoy!


*Different cooking methods. :)


2 comments:

  1. Found this through Pinterest. Thanks. It turned out pretty good. Thankfully I had everything for it already, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina! I love it when I find a recipe for something and I have all the ingredients on hand. :)

    ReplyDelete