May 29, 2011

Strawberry Fruit Roll-up

I saw on pinterest, 'Strawberry leather' which is Fruit Roll-up. I looked at the recipe and thought it was easy enough and decided to give it a try.

You will need STRAWBERRIES.

I did 5 cups like the recipe stated. (I'm excited about this pic....Nate even said "good shot"). :)

After your berries have been washed, cut them up and put them in a pot.

On low heat, cook the berries for 15 min. Be sure to mash them to get the juices out. The Pampered chef mix n' chop is perfect for mashing fruit.

After 15 min put your berries into your blender and puree them till they are smooth.

On a parchment lined baking sheet ad your puree'd berries. On 150 degrees bake your fruit roll-up for 6 to 8 hours. The lowest temp setting my oven will go is 170 degrees. So, I put it on 170 degrees and at 2:40 pm I put the roll-up in the oven. I checked every time I went into the kitchen. It surely made the house smell like I was canning Strawberry jam. LOL :)

8 hours later...........

Looks kinda cute.....

Blech....the middle is still not done. I didn't care....I wasn't spending anymore time on this. I ate a few pieces. Not much flavor at all. I was a little disappointed. The berry flavor isn't really there anymore. Nate said he felt the berry flavor was cooked out. I'm glad I made it but it def isn't worth the time it takes. Not for me anyway. You could add sugar or honey or maybe even lemon juice if you want to but I didn't. I wanted to keep it as healthy as I could by not adding anything to it. I know I won't be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment