March 30, 2011

BBQ Beef Brisket

I'd never made brisket before but thought it couldn't be that hard. I put the brisket in the crock pot on high this morning at 9am so it would be done for when I left for work around 5:30. I added BBQ sauce (I use Bulls Eye Original), pepper, water and some minced garlic.


It was very tender and fell apart when I pulled some out to make some sammiches.

I made a little sammich and some tator tots and some cole slaw. The cole slaw is like a Sandra Lee Cheat. I bought a bag of shredded slaw and a bottle of cole slaw mix. I mixed the sauce in the slaw and left in fridge for 2 hours. It came out nice and creamy and a perfect fit with the bbq brisket. :) MMMM

I added a little more bbq sauce on my bun for extra bbq taste and flavor. I think I did pretty good job....well the crock pot did most of the work. haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment