March 8, 2011

Gnocchi

I love TOP CHEF. It's one of my favorite shows. The Chefs every now and then make Gnocchi. It sounds good and I've been wanting to try it. At Wegmans a few weeks ago I was coming out of an isle and right there on the end cap was packaged Gnocchi. I got a package! For dinner tonight that's what I made. :)

You boil water, then add the Gnocchi. Let the Gnocchi cook for a few minutes and once they are done they will float to the top. EASY! :) I made my meat sauce that I make for Spaghetti. I figured if the Gnocchi was gross then at least I would have Spaghetti sauce. haha

I tasted the Gnocchi plain and they were ok. I added the meat sauce and ate together and I liked it. Something different and easy to make. :) I hope Nate likes it. :)

EDIT: Nate told me that it smelled like play-doh which I have to agree with him and then when he tried it he said he felt like he had a ball of play-doh in his mouth. LOL I told him now that we've tried it we probably won't be having it again. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love gnocchi! I have also gotten some in the package ant it was not all that great either I think it's one of those pastas that needs to be eaten fresh. I love mine with a little pesto on it. Hope you try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Nate on this one. Not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lora- I will def try it again. I would love to try it fresh so whenever you want to make some for me just let me know. hahahaha :P

    @Kristen- haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kristen- It didn't stop him from eating it tho. haha

    ReplyDelete