March 22, 2011

Locks of Love

Last year, when I got sick I lost a lot of hair. It was scary but my body just needed time to heal and my hair growth was one of the things affected from my sickness. My hair finally grew back and it grew a lot. Most people don't notice b/c I always wear my hair up but it was pretty long. I found a Great Clips coupon from the newspaper last week for a $5 haircut. I thought, "heck I could use a trim" and that's exactly what I did today. As the stylist was asking how much hair I wanted cut off, I told her to my shoulders. She then measured it and said if we cut it to 'here' that would make it 10 inches and then you can donate it to locks of love. I said sure why not. :)


So, I had it cut. It's just a little above my shoulders. Since I donated my hair I didn't have to pay a dime for the cut. And the best part of all my 'virgin' hair is going to be made into a wig to be given to a sick child. Makes me feel good. :)

3 comments:

  1. I need a picture please!!! I don't think I have ever seen your hair short, it's usually always up when I see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm....maybe I can get a pic to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good cause - glad you had virgin hair so they could use it :)

    ReplyDelete