March 9, 2014

Garden 2014- Week 3

Well it's now time for another weekly garden update.  It's been 3 weeks and my garden is still happy.  Here's my little sprouts in the sunny window.  :)

Everything is great except the zucchini.  Not sure why nothing is growing in there.  I decided to dump this pot and start a new one.

My peas have outgrown their stakes and def need to be repotted and put on a trelis.

Here's a mix of little pots.

My poppies were doing okay....but I think they need more soil.

I went to the shed and took plants with me and then I rearranged some things inside so everything would fit.

Here's the marigolds.  I combined the 2 little pots into this pot.

I wrapped an old cookie sheet with foil and rearranged the little pots onto the cookie sheet.  The other tray is mostly peppers.  None have sprouted yet.  :(  

Cucumbers

Squash

I had 2 red potatoes in my pantry that are full of eyes.  I cut off the eyes and planted them.  Hopefully, I get some homegrown potatoes from them.  I've done this twice before with white potatoes so I know it works.

Red Potatoes planted.

As I was repotting the peas....I lost 2 because they are very flimsy and delicate.  :(  I still have 2 left.  I might plant some more peas.  We'll see.  I could try to plant them right in this container. hmmmmm

I decided since none of my peppers have sprouted yet, to try them in a bigger pot.  Crosses fingers.

This is the 2nd take on the zukes.  I dumped the last pot and potted seeds in a new pot with fresh soil.

Here's my sunflowers.  I need a bigger pot for them but this will have to do for now.

Here's some close-ups of the sprouts in the little terra cotta pots.

Basil

Parsely

Beef Steak Tomatoes (My favorite)

Tomatillo

Lettuce

Cherry Tomatoes (Another favorite)

Cauliflower

Brussels Sprouts

While outside I walked around the backyard just checking things out and I came across a cocoon.  Yes, I picked it up and touched it with my bare hands.  It feels like paper mache.  It's awesome.  I wonder if this was from a caterpillar that turned into a beautiful butterfly?  :)

Weather wise it's been a lovely weekend.  The next few days here in Virginia will be nice too.  I'm done with all the snow we've gotten this Winter.  Come on SPRING!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment