February 8, 2014

Lemon Tree Update

Well it's been a while since I blogged.  Been keeping busy with work and life.  That's for sure.  This last week I was on a stay-cation.  I got some things done around the house and took a nice break from work.

An update on my lemon tree.  Well it has died.  I'm not really sure what happened????  I had repotted the tree in some fresh citrus soil not too long ago.  I don't know if I over watered the plant, or if by putting it outside for a few days hurt it or if a pest of some type killed it.  I'm guessing I over watered.

Needless to say I was sad.  :(  I had 4 lemons on the tree and they all rotted.


The other day I went ahead and dumped the plant outside.  It was fun while to experiment with growing it and it did pretty good for a while.

I also ditched the clementine seeds.  I did some more research the internet and apparently clementines do not grow from their own seeds.  Remember this post?  Most don't even produce seeds anyway.  So that was a dud.  NAILED IT!  (not)  :)

While at target the other day, I lurked the dollar spot.  I had a 20% off one item from the dollar spot with my Target Cartwheel.  If you don't have Target Cartwheel sign up for it.  You'll thank me later.  :)

I saw these tiny little terra cotta pots.  Chinese forget-me-nots and strawberries.  Well I didn't have luck with strawberries last year so I decided to try to grow the cute little flowers.

Here's the pot in the sunny kitchen window.  No sprouts yet.  *keeps fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment