February 16, 2014

Cornish Game Hen

I made my first cornish game hen for dinner tonight and it was delicious.  I only bought one to cook to see if we'd like it.  And we did.  :)

I cooked the hen in my pampered chef baker in the microwave for 15 minutes.  Once it was done, I then let it rest for about 5 minutes in the microwave.


I put some olive oil, parsley flakes, red pepper flakes, and pepper on the hen and put the lid on the baker and cooked it.  

I served the hen with some roasted red potatoes and some cranberry sauce.  YUM!

Roasted red potatoes:
red potatoes (cut into small pieces)  
olive oil
parsley flakes
sea salt
black pepper
minced garlic
red pepper flakes
preheat oven to 400 degrees

Boil potatoes in water on stove for about 7 minutes.  In a bowl whisk together the other ingredients.  (eye ball it)  Once potatoes are done you can drain them and then put them in bowl with olive oil mixture.  Mix until all potatoes are evenly coated.  Then add to a foil lined baking sheet.  Put in oven and roast them for about 20 to 30 minutes.  They will be toasted when they are done.  Serve hot!

The flavors were all great together.  There really isn't much meat on these hens so next time I make it I know to make one per person.  haha  Delicious homemade dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment