February 8, 2014

Garden Planning 2014

I went to the Dollar Tree a few days ago to just kill some time.  I wasn't planning on buying anything until I stumbled upon SEED PACKETS!!!!!

I couldn't believe seeds were already out.  I immediately got a shopping basket and then started grabbing seed packets that I knew I wanted.  There was also other cute gardening things that I checked out.

Here's one of the seed displays.  The seeds are 4 for $1.00.  (25 cents each)  
Last year, I heard about people getting seeds from the dollar store but I was too late last year.  I'm so glad I came across these this year.

Besides 12 seed packets, I also got some pots, tiny terracotta pots, gardening gloves and trays.

Here's my gardening gloves.  You can never have too many cute gloves especially since they get really dirty. 

My idea for the little terracotta pots is to use them to start my seedlings.  I will place them in the trays.  The trays will collect any water from the drainage of the pots.

Here's my veggie seeds.  I got cucumbers, peppers, peas, squash, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes.
Here's the flower seed packets.  I got Marigolds, zinnias, poppies and sunflowers.

I'm so excited about my garden.  I can't wait to start the seedlings in a few weeks.  I'm gonna start them inside in my bright sunny window.  :)  I'm hoping to get a greenhouse this year to put the plants in after they mature and start to fruit.  We'll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment