February 16, 2014

Quiche with farm fresh eggs

I had some jumbo farm fresh eggs I wanted to use this morning.  I decided to make a simple quiche.

Here's the eggs.

I used:

6 jumbo eggs
pie crust (1 shell)
1 cooking onion (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
bacon bits
turkey sausage links (cut into pieces)
shredded cheese
black pepper
salt
nutmeg
red pepper flakes
parsley flakes
*preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a bowl crack and mix 6 jumbo eggs.  Add in some cut onion, and peppers.  Add sausage and bacon bits.  Also mix in some cheese and your spices.  Once combined add to a pie shell.  Bake on 350 for about 45 minutes to an hour.  When it's not jiggly anymore then your quiche is done.  Check it with a cake tester.



I had a very small piece to use as some of my protein for today.


I saved my eggshells.  I rinsed them out and I'm letting them dry.  I will crush them up and put them in my soil for my plants so they can use the shells for calcium.


No comments:

Post a Comment