January 12, 2014

How to plant Clementine Seeds

I love Clementines!  Just the other day I was eating one and came across 4 little seeds.  Clementines are the perfect little snack.  :)


I wondered if they could be planted so I could try growing my own.  I went to google and found out that they can be.  Here's the site I found.

First, you soak your seeds in some warm water overnight.  (sorry....forgot to take picture)

Then you find something to plant them in.  I'm using a egg crate that holds 4 eggs.  I got this from my friend Melissa when she gave me fresh farm eggs one time.  I've kept it because I knew I could use it for little seedlings.


Make sure you have citrus soil.  I already had some from my lemon tree.  Here's what it looks like.


I put dirt in each circle and then I put each seed into one circle and then covered with dirt.  I gave each one a drink.  Just a small amount.


Lastly, you cover your seedlings with a bag.  I just used a ziplock bag.  I put a few wholes at the top for air.  I have the egg grate in a small styrofoam bowl to catch any water.  I placed the seeds in my kitchen window.  I can't wait to see if they sprout.  :)


I decided to repot my lemon tree today as well.  I got a nice clean pot, and planted it with some fresh citrus soil.  I have it sitting out on the deck since tomorrow is going to be nice and sunny.  I'll probably bring him back inside tomorrow night since we're getting some rain and possibly some snow later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment