October 3, 2013

Garden Update: Day 223

A garden update for those who are interested.  :)  

I checked on my pepper plants.  I have them sitting in a sunny window on top of our record player that has a quilt on top.  I check it all the time to make sure it's dry.  Well, this afternoon the quilt was damp.  :(  I cleaned everything up and moved the record player and put my black table there with some big towels on it.  
This is my petite yellow bell peppers.  There are a ton of peppers on it.  :)

I picked all the red bells I had on my red bell plant.  I have several new peppers.  I added some epsom salts to the soil so hopefully the peppers will get bigger than my others.

Here's 4 red bell peppers I picked.  :)

I went outside to check on my plants and I figured it was time to clean up a bit.  The gerba daisy plant was smelly so I decided to dump it in my compost pile.

Today is day 82 of my potato plants growth.  The flowers were dead and so were the leaves so I figured today was the day to see how many potatoes I had in there.

Here's another angle of my potato plants.  I just know there's potatoes in there.  :)

And I was right!  After I dumped the barrel (which is dry rotted now) I instantly noticed some potatoes.

Yey!!  I did it again!!  :)  This is the second time I grew potatoes from a potato.  Here's the first time.

Make sure you dig around and break up all the dirt to find all those potatoes.

I got 10 potatoes today.  Some of the potatoes are really tiny, but they still count to me.  :)

Here's my harvest from today.

All nice and clean.

This is my latest bounty of grape tomatoes.  There's still a few left on the plant but I don't think I'll be getting much more of them.  I'm going to save seeds from some of these guys and plant them next year.  :)

After cleaning up here's my patio/deck garden now.  I just have the Marigolds, Rose bush and 
Lemon tree now.

Here's the lemon tree.

And here's my lemon.  Still waiting for it to turn yellow.



No comments:

Post a Comment