October 19, 2013

Garden update: Day 239

It's been a while since I last blogged about my garden.  Last week, we had a ton of rain here.  I was worried for my plants but they are actually doing okay.  I had to go out several times and dump out some of the excess water in the pots.  Looks like that helped them from getting too much water.

This is what I have left in my patio garden.  Marigolds, rose bush and my lemon tree.

Speaking of my lemon tree.......my lemon is yellow!!!!

Beautiful.  :)

I wanted to keep the lemon on the tree for a little longer since there was still some green towards the top but when I touched it to see if it was ripened it came right off.  :(  I read you can sit it in a sunny window to get some more sunlight to ripen a little more.  I'm gonna try that.  Then I gotta decide what to make with it.  :)

Look at the little baby lemons....

I can't wait to see these turn into big lemons.  :)


Lemon trees don't like the cold and we're getting some chilly nights so I'm gonna have to bring this little guy in soon.  I'll probably do that tomorrow or early in the week.

My grape tomatoes have just about had it.  There's a few green ones but I'm thinking that this is going to the compost pile soon.  I have a few tomatoes in my kitchen sill that I picked the other day.  I'm going to save the seeds from them to plant next year.  :)

Inside my pepper plants are still growing like crazy.  I have so many peppers on each plant.

This the little yellow petite pepper plant.  It's LOADED with peppers.  It's only a matter of time before they change to yellow.

My red bell pepper plant has a bunch of peppers too.  Here's just a few close up.  :)

As always thanks for reading.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment