October 19, 2013

Work Food Swap

I organized a food swap at work.  I had about 12 people sign up for it and some that wanted to do it but wasn't able to make it.  

I decided for this first work food swap to make my homemade chocolate chip cookies and give a bottle of my homemade vanilla extract with each package of cookies.

I made some cute flyers with details on the event and how it works and hung them around work at various places.  One of my co-workers also had a good idea to make some individual flyers to personally hand out with some candy.  I made the flyers and her and her daughter passed them out.  :)

Here's the flyer I made to hang on the door of the radio conference room where we held the food swap.

Here's the set up.  Everyone bringing their goodies.  :)  Sam is setting up her yummy cheese dip.

We had 10 ppl participate.  Sharon D, Stacy, Hilary, Sam, Sue, Deirde, Gayle, Allie, Jane and myself.

I used the same template that the RVA Swappers uses for the swapping forms.  My list filled up pretty quickly.  We all sort of stuck with the list and traded with who signed on the lists.

I got cupcakes, cheesecakes, apple butter, muffins, and salsa verde.  I also snagged some leftover cheeseball and crackers to bring home.  :)

Here's the salsa verde.  Very good.  We've eaten it on top of some chicken breasts 2x this week.  :)

Here's the mini cheesecakes.  They were awesome.  They have a pineapple topping with a mandarin orange.

Here's the cupcakes.  I loved the frosting.  MMMMMM

We had a great time.  Everyone walked away with a ton of goodies that were all homemade.  We are going to do another one sometime in December.  :)

Later that evening, I saw the RVA Swappers article published in the Times Dispatch.  :)  Read it here.  I'm going to another RVA swap next weekend.  I just have to decide what I'm going to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment