September 14, 2013

Spotsylvania Farmers Market: Visit 2 (Gordon Road)

This morning, I ran some errands and decided to check out the Spotsylvania Farmers Market.  I went to the Gordon Road location.  It's def my favorite farmers market.  It has so many farmers with a ton of produce and it's spaced out perfectly.  :)  On the way over, I made a list in my head of items I wanted to get.  Like Peppers, onions, and squash for dinner meals.  I had $25 in cash to spend so I knew I could get a bunch of different items.

First stop.......a booth with plums, peaches, apples and nectarines.

Delicious honey crisp apples.  I tried the honey crisp variety last year from Wegmans and it's very crunchy and sweet.  I guess that's why it's nicknamed crack apples.  LOL  

I made my way over to C&T produce and got some peppers and potatoes.

At Ochoa Produce booth, I walked about and got some yummy veggies.  I picked up onions, peppers, squash, zucchini, and a small eggplant.  I haven't had eggplant so I figured I would start with a small one and incorporate it into dinner this week.

Yummy peppers in assorted colors.  :)

Beans.....I love that they are purple.  :)

This booth (Ochoa) was busy (as well as the entire market).  The owner (in background) was wearing a Miss. Watermelon sash.  There was plenty of fresh watermelon for sampling.

I stopped off at Roberto's Produce booth and got a mini pumpkin for $1.  Pumpkins make me happy.  :)


Here's everything I got.

6 onions, 1 pumpkin, 2 squash, 1 zucchini, 1 eggplant, 7 peppers, 4 potatoes, 3 apples, and 1 nectarine.  

I had $1.12 leftover.  :)  Oh when I stopped at Nancy's booth to get cookies they had some sampling of mint green tea and blackberry basil lemonade.  I took a sample of the blackberry basil lemonade.  It was really good and refreshing.  I think it would be really good as a slushie.  There was none left to buy but I sure would have gotten some if there was any left.  :)  Next time maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment