September 8, 2013

Garden Update: Day 196

Friday, was day 196 of my garden update.

While on vacation, my brother took care of my plants.

My squash plant was all dried up and dunzo.  I kinda figured before I left that it was done but I waited it out.
I went ahead and dumped the plant in my compost pile. I then cut of dead flowers and then just cleaned up a bit on my deck garden.  I then made sure everyone got a nice afternoon drink of water.  My potato plants have big white flowers.  :)  YEY

My pumpkin plants aren't doing good.  :(  They are kinda dried up and there's lots of brown.  :(  I'm guessing some sort of insect has been destroying the leaves.  There's still a bunch of pumpkin flowers so there's still hope that I will get a pumpkin.  We'll see.  I'm not giving up on them yet.

My lemon tree is doing wonderful.  A lot of new green leaves and the lemon is actually starting to turn yellow.  :)

I harvested a bunch of grape tomatoes and I found this guy on a stem on the plant.  I'm guessing the white things on her back are eggs?  GROSS!!!  I put the stem in the compost pile.  Hopefully, she'll make her new home there and off my deck.  :)

My pepper plants are doing great.  I couldn't believe how much the yellow petite pepper plant grew while I was gone.  There's a bunch of little peppers and flowers sprouting.


It's hard to see in this picture but they are there.  :)

I still have my bell peppers growing.  One pepper is actually turning red now.  YEY!  They are all about the size of a baseball.  There's five peppers in total on the plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment