September 21, 2013

Garden Update: Day 205

A few days ago, I was watering and checking my pepper plants.  I've been growing my peppers inside at a window with plenty of sunshine to protect them from caterpillars.  I have many red bell peppers and lots of new pepper growth on my petite yellow bell peppers.  The red bell was from a starter plant I got from Walmart and the petite plant was a rescue from Lowe's clearance bin.

Here's both plants.  (Late afternoon picture so it looks dark)

Red bells are green bells before they turn red.  :)  These two peppers are almost ready.

I'm so glad I finally grew my own.  Last year, I tried but the caterpillars ate or destroyed the peppers before they were done growing.  I wished they were bigger but I don't think they are going to get much bigger than they are.  I read to add epsom salts to the soil to get big peppers.  I might have to try that next year.  I also plant on starting my peppers from seeds from this year and I plan on starting early next year.  I figure it doesn't matter how early I start them b/c I will grow them inside again.

Another pepper turning red and lovely.  :)

Look real close and you can see peppers.

This is the petite yellow bell peppers.  See all the peppers?

Here's a close-up.  :)  My plants make me smile.  Happy plants= Happy Life.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment