September 22, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Spice and Pumpkin Muffins

Kristen and I planned to go to another RVA Swap.  I decided to make pumpkin pie spice.

Yesterday I made my pumpkin pie spice and I also had more Vanilla Extract that was ready for bottling so I did that as well.



3 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
1 1/2 tsp ground cloves

Mix all spices in a bowl and then add to a small spice/ball jar.


Here's a picture of some of the Vanilla Extract bottles.  I plan on selling these at upcoming craft shows.

I made mini pumpkin muffins for the taste item at the food swap.  I used my pumpkin pie spice in muffins.


3 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp plus 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups sugar
1 (15 oz) can of 100% pure pumpkin
4 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup of water or OJ (pulp free)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract (I used my homemade, and it's not in the original recipe I added it in)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt to a bowl.  In a separate bowl mix the sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil, OJ and vanilla extract.  Beat the dry mix into the wet until combined.  Add to your muffin tin and bake for about 15 minutes.  I did one tray of mini muffins and put the rest of the batter into a loaf pan and baked a loaf of pumpkin bread.  The bread took about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment