May 21, 2013

Garden update: Day 78

INDSIDE:

This is my indoor garden.  I have strawberries, carrots, red peppers and grape tomatoes.  I'm not seeing any growth with my strawberries.  I'm not sure why.  I'm disappointed but I'll give them some more time b/c it's only shy of a month of growth.  The carrots are doing great.  They are on day 45.  They keep just keep growing.  I need to research to see how I know when they carrots are ready to harvest.  I still have my avocado pit in the window sill in the kitchen.  It looks the same as it did almost a month ago.  I put the celery stalk in the compost pile.  It got really gross so I gave up on it.  It did grow stalks out the middle but the base rotted so badly and quickly that I decided to get rid of it.

Here's my pepper plant.  It's doing great.  I hope to get peppers.  I'm going to have to repot the plant in a bigger pot soon.  I will need to get some stakes for it to hold it up so the leaves don't get to heavy for it.

Here's my grape tomatoes.  They are so happy in the window sill.  I have to keep moving the blind up because they keep growing up.  There were some smaller plants and sucker leaves that I decided to clear and thin it out a bit.

Here's what they look like now. Must more thinner at the bottom.  Maybe now they will start to fruit.


OUTSIDE:

My potato plants are thriving!  I only have 2 left and the plants are full of green leaves.  This is day 78.

I have the potato plants, rose plant, marigolds, big boy tomatoes, squash and zukes all outside.  The rose plant had some dead leaves and dead roses on it so I took them off.  I might plant the rose bush in the front flower bed  one day.  We'll see.  The marigolds are starting to bud nicely.  It's day 46 for them.  Pretty soon they will have some flowers.  :)  The squash and zukes are doing great.  It's day 38 for each of them.  They have nice big green leaves.  I added some more soil to the pots today so the plant stay covered.  I also added soil to the big boy tomatoes.  Once they get bigger I will probably need to separate them into their own pots with a stake to keep them straight.  It's day 46 for the big boy tomatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment