May 1, 2013

2013 Spotsylvania Farmers Market- Visit 1

Happy May!  Today, was the first day of the Spotsylvania Farmers Market.  It's open every Wednesday through October.  I went last year, and loved going each week.

Here's a view from the inside looking at the front entrance.


I liked the stack of onions, radishes, and swiss chard piled on the tables.  Photo op!  :)

Pretty flowers......

Fresh Asparagus at the C&T Produce Stand.  I bought a bundle for $3.00.

Some fresh herbs at C&T Produce.

Farm Fresh Strawberries at C&T Produce Stand in pints.  These were $3 each or 2 for $5.

I found these strawberries at the Mt. Olympus Farm stand.  I smelled them from a booth that was next to them and they were bigger than the other berries I'd seen in other booths today.  Plus they were sold in quarts, so more berries for your money.  :)  The quarts were $4.50 each.

Here's my loot.  A bundle of Asparagus ($3), 2 Quarts of Strawberries ($9), and a Fresh Baked Croissant with Hazelnut filling ($3, from the Floure Shoppe).

I put all my fresh berries in a bowl and took a picture of them on my favorite kitchen towel.  I have 2 of these towels.  I got the towels from my Grandma Runyon.  Every time, I use them I think of my Grandma.  :*)  And every time, I eat strawberries I think of Grandpa Runyon.  He was allergic to strawberries but that didn't stop him from eating them.  :)  I can picture him sitting at the kitchen table smiling and winking at me and eating one or two anyway because he just couldn't resist them.  :*)


I love farm fresh strawberries!  :)  This year, I plan to go to a local farm and pick some of my own.  I did this as a kid and as a young adult and had fun.  :)

2 comments: