May 25, 2013

Garden Update: Day 82

Garden update.  Day 82.  

Everything outside keeps growing very well.

My Marigolds are blooming.  :)

Inside my carrots are still doing great.

My grape tomatoes were starting to slouch....

So....I put some ties on them to keep them straight up.

My Red Pepper plant is still getting big.  I have a few gnats that have been flying around the plants.  I saw on pinterest a helpful tip on how to get rid of them.  Just add a tbsp of dish soap and a tsp of white vinegar to the water and water every other day with this mixture to get rid of the gnats.  It could take up to a week or so.  I saw some again this morning but not as many as before so I believe it's at least helped.

Outside I almost stepped on a baby bunny.  :)  Nate told me that he saw one when he was cutting the grass the last time.  We always seem to get baby bunnies every Spring.  :)

I got a new gnome today and added him to the gnome garden.

The 7 dwarfs...I mean 7 gnomes.  :)

I almost stepped on this Robin's egg.  It seemed perfect.  I think the winds knocked it out of the nest.  I put the egg in the Robin's nest that is at the tree where the gnome garden sits under.  The egg was such a beautiful tealish blue.

I checked the bluebird box and there are 6 beautiful blue eggs inside.  :)

Back inside....Harley is protecting my flip flops.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment